|Managed Secure PDF Distribution - where we do all or most of the work for you, from file conversion, file hosting to setting up e-commerce and email facilities on our system or yours, and more. For Web hosted Managed services, where the secured PDFs are displayed via a web browser, please see our Managed Online Services page|
We have been providing secure PDF distribution for individual publishers and authors, training organizations and corporations of all types and sizes since 2006. If you have a specific requirement that is not covered by the standard service, or have a very large number of titles, or have any questions (most people have lots!), then pleaseemail us with your queries.
Book Publishers: Please also see our Books page for more information, Newsletter and Report Publishers: Please also see our Subscription News Publishers page for more information on our specialized services for regularly issued or updated publications.
The steps are as follows:
1. create the PDF files you wish to publish. This can be done with Adobe Acrobat or using facilities within MS Office to SAVE AS PDF (choose the option for smallest file size/screen display plus bookmarks), or Save as PDF in OpenOffice, or within DTP systems like InDesign (again, select Smallest File Size when outputting to PDF). If you need a PDF writer you can use a free PDF writer like cutepdf or better still, use a specialised commercial product like Adobe Acrobat© Standard Edition or Professional Edition, or PDF Creator Plus.
2. send us your PDF files. Send us your PDF files using email, Dropbox, WeTransfer, SendNow, via FTP or as a web linked file. We do everything else, including creating the secure files, setting up web pages/catalogs with the publication details and automated order processing. You specify the price you wish to charge and the security settings you wish us to apply to your document. We will provide you with a web link and/or web buttons to the ordering facilities for your own use.
3. setup costs and monthly service fees: We set up your web and mobile device catalogs and associated ecommerce system typically without charge or with a small setup fee. The monthly service fees are set at levels that reflect the number of books or PDF publications you would like us to manage, the expected level of sales over a year, and any additional services we are asked to provide.
Please email us with your specific requirements
The Managed Services PDF Publishing facility we offer provides a web-based catalog ordering capability with Add to Cart or Buy Now buttons built into the online ordering pages. Payments go direct to your PayPal account, so you receive 100% of the ordered amount immediately. An example can be seen at: https://www.drmz.net/PicJur/catalog2017.html
If required, the Add to cart or Buy Now buttons can be placed on your own website in order to provide a seamless user experience. The result is still automated processing using our servers, so is essentially the same as linking to a catalog page on our managed services site. Other pages used in the process, such as the email template and download template page, remain on our site.
Buttons such as these are created using simple HTML commands that look like: <form> a series of instructions... </form>. An example is:
If you click this button it will place a real order for a secure document (in this case a legal guide for US Law Students). In this example we have used the TEXT tab in the Wordpress editor (as opposed to the VISUAL tab) to enter the HTML code that creates the button.
Some other points about this approach are noteworthy:
1. SERVICE: Managed Services are provided by or with the assistance of Drumlin Security Ltd and are designed to enable you ("the publisher") to distribute your PDF files in a secure manner utilising DRM and related services provided by Drumlin Security Ltd for this purpose, including the Drumlin and Javelin PDF software and services ("the Service"). You remain the publisher and are wholly responsible for the content of your publications, and retain all rights to this content. Drumlin Security Ltd do not purchase PDF files for onward publishing but simply act to facilitate your secure document distribution requirements, providing an infrastructure for file distribution and optionally payment processing. The publisher remains responsible for issuing any invoices requested by customers and for pricing, local and national tax collection and accounting for such payments and taxes, including any Value Added Tax or Sales tax applicable. In proceeding with the use of the Service you agree that you accept these terms in full and have the authority to do so on your own or your corporate entity's behalf.
2. USE: The use of the Drumlin and Javelin software and Drumlin digital rights management (DRM) infrastructure, which provides the technical framework for the Service, is subject to the terms and conditions defined in the Drumlin software and service license terms
3. AVAILABILITY: Service availability is not guaranteed to be 100% but we will use our reasonable efforts to ensure that there is a high level of availability at all times of the day and through every day of the year
4. CONTENT: We reserve the right to refuse to host publications or remove from our hosting facilities publications that breach national or international laws on decency, incitement to violence or other matters deemed unsuitable for publication. You agree to ensure that your publications do not breach copyright or other laws relating to the publication of material
5. WARRANTY: The Service and associated software are provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any kind either express or implied including without limitation any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or durability. We do not warrant that the Service will be error free or that use of the Service will meet the Licensees or any end user's needs. The Publisher represents that it has the expertise to evaluate the suitability of the Service for their own requirements and has the necessary skill and judgement to undertake testing of the said Service. Publishers wishing to provide secured PDF files must ensure for themselves that they are completely satisfied with the level of security and functionality provided in the software and associated service, for each release or update of these facilities. The liability to a Publisher or Licensee for the failure of the Drumlin software or services to satisfy such warranties will be limited to a return of the amount paid by the Licensee, if any, for the Licensed Software or Service. The Publisher hereby agrees that Drumlin Security Ltd and its employees, representatives, agents, directors and advisors are released from any personal or corporate liability in connection with the use by the publisher, the publishers customers, agents, affiliates or any other person or corporate entity from any liability in respect of the use or misuse of the Service
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Any dispute in respect of these Service Terms must be notified to the other party in writing and may only be pursued if the other party has failed to provide a prompt and effective remedy, having full consideration of the terms of the Service. Unless otherwise agreed any unresolved dispute must be referred to an independent arbitrator in the UK appointed by Drumlin Security Ltd whose decision shall be binding on the parties
7. TERMINATION: Either party can terminate this agreement without notice. Any outstanding payments due to the other party at the time of termination must be paid in full within 5 working days. Any authorization codes that have been issued in excess of the allocated quota and that have a usage count >0 will be reset to 0 (i.e. disabled) at that point.
8. LAW: This Agreement shall be interpreted according to the Laws of England and the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.